GHNS & plasmapkg

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:02:43 CET 2008

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 05:08:32 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 October 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > Run kbuildsyscoca4 from plasmapkg patch attached.
>
> this could probably be done via dbus and kded (faster, more reliable?)
>
> 	qdbus org.kde.kded /kbuildsycoca recreate
>
> so something like in the code:
>
> QDBusInterface dbus("org.kde.kded", "/kbuildsycoca",
> "org.kde.kbuildsycoca"); dbus.call(QDBus::NoBlock, "recreate");
>
> otherwise, +1 for the concept =) assuming you get it working via the above
> dbus interface, pls commit..

Does not work for me like this or from qdbusviewer. I think it's because I
have plasma svn running on top of the kubuntu 4.1.2 and dbus calls the 4.1.2
kbuildsycoca, so I can't test this. (I think KProcess works since then there
are correct env variables and /opt/kde-svn/bin is first in path).

Petri