[PROBLEM] New systray notifications and kwin

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 03:00:44 CEST 2008

> > Isn't one of the NET flag usable to avoid the dialog getting focus?
>
> probably.. i wonder if the ComboBox type would work better... would have
> experiment..
>
> > Hmm, I'm starting to doubt if it wasn't Qt::Popup before, instead of
> > Qt::Tooltip.
>
> probably was Qt::Popup, yes...

what I find interesting is that they used to have
Qt::X11BypassWindowManagerHint set (not directly, probably as a side-
effect of Qt::Popup) but now they don't. if they had that flag again they
might magicallly go back to working on the screensaver.

however, it'd be nicer if I could find a less... fragile... way to tell the
difference between popups and config dialogs. (getting a bit OT here) my
problem is that I have to pass input directly to config dialogs for them to
work, but I MUST NOT try to do that to popup dialogs or all input gets
dropped on the floor somewhere. and since the function that creates the
config dialogs is virtual, I don't really know how to tell the difference
between these things other than my old hack in
shells/screensaver/plasmaapp.cpp.

if anyone has a solution to this I'd love to hear it :) I don't really
understand the x11 stuff as well as I'd like.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com