bad panel rendering on NetBSD

Mark Kirby mark at fishladder.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 20:04:49 CEST 2008

On 22 Oct 2008, at 21:04, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Wednesday 22 October 2008, Mark Kirby wrote:
>> http://www.coris.org.uk/mrk/plasma_bad.png
>
> thanks for the report + screenshot.

Not a problem :)

> tuesday was probably a different systray container =) the new one
> went in early
> tuesday morning-ish UTC iirc? anyways .. what version of Qt are you
> using?

Qt is 4.4.0 from pkgsrc.

>> and the shadow for the window names is
>> drawn through the text.
>
> known issue; the new tasks wiget is getting the layouting kinks
> worked out of
> it (there's another thread on this list right now about these issues
> actually)
>
>> Another niggle is if i open kickoff and type something in the text
>> box
>> plasma will freeze and i have to kill X.
>
> does x freeze, or just plasma? (you can easily tell by pressing Alt
> +F2 and
> trying to get krunner to show up) ... if it's an X freeze, that's an
> X driver
> bug. if it's plasma, i'd love to see a backtrace so we can track it
> down.

Pressing Alt+F2 just changes my cursor to a directional cursor (4
little arrows) and all i can do is move stuff around, can't type
anything. Can't seem to get out of this mode.

It's plasma, i can still interact with konsole when kickoff locks up.
Also when it freezes kickoff loses focus, that is the cursor always
goes behind. If left awhile eventually key presses are registered and
it brings up search results.

hmm maybe still an X problem.

ok i just tried logging in from GDM to a session with only an Xterm.
On starting plasma up everything works fine, in fact the whole KDE
experience is a lot better this way.

Very odd.

Let me know what else i can do. My build hasn't got debug stuff
compiled in so would take a while to set that up.

Thanks

Mark