Fix for plasma crash

Guillaume Pothier gpothier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:35:47 CEST 2008

2008/10/21 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2008, Guillaume Pothier wrote:
>> Hi,
>> DesktopView::setContainment is sometimes explicitly called with a null
>> containment,
>
> hm. when does that happen? when changing the Activity via the conig dialog? or
> switching between existing Activities?

I don't remember exactly the sequences of actions that trigger the
crash, I just stumbled upon that fix while tidying up my plasma/kephal
patches. But it was probably something related to adding/removing
monitors. You can see setContainment(0) statements in
DesktopView::screenOwnerChanged and PlasmaApp::adjustSize.

>> however this is not checked in the code. The attached
>> patch solves that. Ok to commit?
>
> yep...

Oka