panel sizing of applets

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Oct 19 00:11:17 CEST 2008

In the great tradition of "dive into code before reading all your emails
(because it's more fun)", here my issue of the day.

Right now, the applets in the panel only grow smaller, but not bigger. Try
making the panel smaller, then bigger again, and you'll get a blank area at
the bottom (I and a couple of others on #plasma do, at least). I've been
looking at the battery applet, which seems to expose some problem in the panel
-- it doesn't receive constraintsEvents when resizing above its current size
anymore.

Now I'm absolutely unsure if such a case is valid, i.e. if it isn't a bug in
the panel that we'll run into later again. So if someone can comment if this
is expected and OK behaviour, I'll look into making the battery applet not
expose it anymore. Not sure if it's smart, we have way enough time to do hacks
before 4.2.0.

Comments?
--
sebas