Plasma::Svg and performance

Jamboarder jamboarder at
Wed Oct 15 19:06:21 CEST 2008

> From: Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at>
>> setImagePath (if the path is different that the current one)
> this only affects Plasma::SharedSvgRenderer usage, and is local to any given
> Plasma::Svg object.

Might the pixmap cache end up holding data for svg paths that are no longer being used by any instance of Plasma::Svg? (perhaps this was the memory leak you mentioned).

> yes, in Plasma::Theme. why? it knows when the theme parameters change.
Ah, that make sense. :-)  Although it does raise one additional question for me.  I'm not sure if it is the intended use but is it possible/desirable that Plasma::Svg might be used without Plasma::Theme (for example to render non-theme-related svg files).

In any case are theme parameter changes the only vector for changes that might warrant a clear/refresh of svg related cache data?  (sorry that was two questions...).

Andrew (Jamboarder) Lake