Extender theming issues.

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Oct 10 14:29:08 CEST 2008

A Friday 10 October 2008 12:29:50, Rob Scheepmaker escreveu:
> On Thursday 09 October 2008 21:14:05 pinheiro wrote:
> > A Thursday 09 October 2008 17:07:35, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> > > the Applets-with-extenders shown in the mockup are flawed: they do not
> > > have the same divider between the items (e.g. Grab and Grab 2) that
> > > they do in the dialogs.
> >
> > wen i was making those i was no aware that they were 2 difent things
> > actualy it was 2 difrent persons asking me for 2 difent things, they
> > ended up like that couse i had the feeling they shared some usge
> > methafores, aparently they were the same thing.... and I think that is
> > the problem one thing is notifications another  is detachable items
> > the notifications i designed them as sliding papers oone top of the other
> >
> > the grabers as items that you can atatch detach from the "mother"
> > plasmoid. so im my head they are difrent things.
>
> Well, but notifications are detachable items, so yeah, they should be the
> same. Sorry for not making this clearer. Does this change your vision on
> how extenders should look or not? Because personally I really like that
> notifications look for all our extender needs.

No i think the way its mocked camed out great, the fact that i didnt knew
about it and ending up with similar results is IMO a good thing, couse
similar interaction has similar visuals, I think that the only difrence would
be in the way this notifications are shown, not a pop up thing but rather a
slide under thing ... the graber is essentialy the same thing but it obviusly
dosen't have the recolapse icon, couse there is nothing to recolase 2. So
yeah they should look difrent were the funcionality is difrent but were the
itearction is the same they should look the same.... (yeah I know they are
the same thing any way, but IMO they are not from a Users point of view)

core oxygen icon designer