Status of multi-monitor support

Guillaume Pothier gpothier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:48:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Aike J Sommer <dev at aikesommer.name> wrote:

> Im not really sure what the next steps should be. It shouldnt be that much
> work to get kephals signals hooked into plasma, but where should i start with
> that? Create a copy of plasma(-the-app) in playground? Or only work locally
> and send diffs to the list?

Get ready from out-of-ignorance talking, but:
If we define the dbus interface, we could add the code that listens to
those kephal dbus messages in plasmaapp without having a direct
dependency on kephal? So that would not break anything in kdebase and
would not require forking plasmaapp.
</out-of-ignorance>

> It would be nice to get some additional testing on different setups in, since
> im sure that there will be issues coming up!

I have a few setups I would be happy to test on!

> Plus im really not gifted with creating good looking interfaces, which heavily
> effects the applet! ;-)

Okay, I also have a concern about the UI, though not strictly about
the looks: I think the configuration should be accessible from system
settings, and from right clicking on the desktop (in addition to being
available as a plasmoid). I don't think most people will want to
always have the applet on their desktop (at least I wouldn't).