playground DataEngines

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 9 03:14:45 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> networkmanager is for . . . well managing network configuration.  network
> dataengine is usage stats of a particular network device.  Could they be
> merged?  Yes, but I think network stats is a little beyond the scope of the
> networkmanager engine.

think about it from the perspective of someone writing a plasmoid:

there is this thing called a "network interface".

i expect to be able to:

	* see what it is doing
	* see its configuration
	* select what network it is connected to

using two separate engines for that is a bit daft.

humru othro a kohnu se