playground DataEngines

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 8 21:35:22 CEST 2008

hi all..

in my continuing obsession with migrating playground content... here are my
dataengine picks to date:

kdebase-workspace 4.2
-------------------------------
notifications
favicon
kuiserver
systemmonitor

kdeplasma-addons 4.2
------------------------------
potd - could perhaps be a bit simpler internally? .desktop files probably need
cleaning up (esp naming convention)?

targets
---------

works
--------
cia.vc -> worth adding? probably first need a cuter applet

needs work
---------------
kiobrowser -> merge with filebrowser engine in kdebase
clipboard
networkmanager -> merge with network engine? at least define it's separate
existence
sensors - not portable; does the sysguard based engine make this one
unnecessary?
stocksengine - configurable source? at very least, it doesn't work when not
using the testdata?

need status update from author
akonadi - Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org>
contacts - Dennis Nienhüser <earthwings at gentoo.org>