kubuntu patches, ksmserver context and kickoff changes

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 7 00:48:23 CEST 2008

We've added a couple of patches to plasma and ksmserver in Kubuntu for
KDE 4.1.

The first is based on one from suse and changes ksmserver's logout
dialogue to only show the action selected from kickoff.  So if you
select reboot, it only shows reboot.

It also changes some strings to make them more readable and consistent
with other strings
  "Reboot computer in 1 second." -> "Restarting computer in 1 second."

No action timeout it set to 30 seconds instead of 60.

I'm afaid I havn't had time to look if this is still useful in KDE 4.2.

http://www.kubuntu.org/~jriddell/kubuntu_15_kickoff_ksmserver_logout.diff

The second is more subjective, feel free not to discuss if it has
already been covered in previous discussions.  It makes the subtext
for items in kickoff always show, currently the reason they're shown
or not it unclear to the user who has to move the mouse over to get
useful information.  It also removes the spacing before the subtext,
the change in colour is enough information on the role of the text.

http://www.kubuntu.org/~jriddell/kubuntu_19_always_show_kickoff_subtext.diff

Jonathan