Plasma::Svg question

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Oct 6 22:47:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

> you can also call setOpacity on the QPainter directly, but that can *very*
> slow and that above method is usually faster, and at worst the same speed.

Aaron explained it pretty well, and please, don't use setOpacity (as also
Aaron did suggest). I want to put emphasis here... since setOpacity disables
all the hardware acceleration (as Fredrik said: "the kiss of death"). Check
out this techbase tutorial for further information:

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Graphics/Performance

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.