Review Request: Desktop Settings Theme Details

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 22:11:19 CEST 2008

> From: Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>
> ah, one thought: do you think it would make sense to have some sort of
> registry system for the theme elements so that your dialog could just read in
> a config file or something that describes the configurable theme elements? that
> way we wouldn't have to adjust the dialog when the theming changes, and third
> party additions to the theme could show up as well..
>
> that increases the complexity of your project a bit .. i wonder if it is worth
> it? what do you think?

That shouldn't be too difficult.  Just have to figure out all the meta info that would constitute a theme element.
It's mostly there right now: name, icon and theme file for each theme element is currently hardcoded for loading the theme item table.  I could move this hardcoded stuff to a simple registry file and load from there instead.  Shouldn't add much work and I think it's worth it.

much respect,
Andrew