Review Request: Desktop Settings Theme Details

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 19:55:49 CEST 2008

> From: Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>
> of course, if you only create a cool clock face or a cool panel, everything
> else defaults back to the default theme. you don't have to create a "full
> theme" even today.

Just a quick note that this only allows for say a cool clock - default combination.  The theme author, by omitting other theme items is really creating a default + cool clock theme, not just a cool clock.  The user is unable to use any theme other than default with the new cool clock.

I just thought it might be worth mentioning in case it might be a blind spot.

As a side note, is the intent for the current Desktop Settings dialog to be converted to a kcm so it can be found in System Settings?  I've had an occasional mental rhubarb trying to figure out where it would go if it were.  This probably reflects the problems you mentioned.

Thanks again for your help and feedback and I'll try to get this new kcm into kdereview as quickly as possible,
Andrew (I'll shut up now) Lake