playground/base/plasma/applets/systray-refactor

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 04:35:10 CEST 2008

2008/10/6 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Sunday 05 October 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
>> SVN commit 868140 by jstubbs:
>>
>> Overriding the default hoverEnterEvent and hoverLeaveEvent handlers as they
>> call update(), which is not required.
>>
>> There is still a pointless update when the mouse cursor enters the panel,
>> though. It appears to be coming from Plasma::Containment and is causing
>> everything to repaint. There's an unexplained FIXME that's related to
>> Qt-4.4 that needs to be checked in order to fix this issue.
>
> there are two FIXMEs there, both are explained in the comment, along with a
> HOWTO to check if it is still needed.

I couldn't differentiate between paints that are deemed necessary and
paints that aren't. The code only had an event->spontaneous() check
which didn't really expand on this either. Nor did I know what the
optimal code would be... Anyway, solved now.

> in any case, i just checked and it is
> better in 4.4 and 4.3; i've moved these methods up to Applet as well so all
> applets that don't care about hover (which is, incidently, remarkably few =)
> don't get repaints due to hovering

Great. I'll remove the overrides from systray again then. This'll make
it pretty much ready to move to kdereview. Should I do that myself?

--
Jason Stubbs