playground plasmoid redux

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:12:32 CEST 2008

On Thursday 02 October 2008 23:51:59 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> there are geometry problems; if i enable the disk watcher, it works rather
> nicely. however ...
>
> if i don't disable the disk stats module, and enable any other one the
> geometry isn't correct (you can see this because the background svg is
> wrong =)

Cannot reproduce, might be because of the recent fixes.

> the individual components also have oddnesses, such as when you put the cpu
> monitor on the desktop by itself, the meter is all mashed up.
>
> these issues may be related =)

I run cpu (and net) as individual applets on desktop and they look ok. How it
is mashed up?

Screenshot:
http://kotisivu.lumonetti.fi/damu0/images/system-monitor.jpeg

> it also really doesn't work nicely in the panel ...

All individual applets should now work on panels (Maybe not so beautiful as in
desktop, but..). I'll look if PopupApplet is good for Main container next
week.

Applets use Highlight color for less visible text and lines. It's too dark in
default theme for text. Is it meant to be used for text? Or should I darken
the TextColor (or could there be another text color in theme?).

Petri