JOLIE and Plasma: status and discussion

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 24 20:24:59 CET 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008, Fabrizio Montesi wrote:
> We would need to support the loading of Jolie scripts anyway (for more
> complex cases or coding distributed behaviour as backend to a plasmoid), so
> while this option (the XML one) could be nice I'm wondering if we would end
> up with too many ways to do the same thing, and I don't like this feeling.
> ;)

yes, Jolie scripts don't look all that difficult to do and we should be able to
provide a number of stock scripts that cover the common cases, preventing
developers from having to dip into Jolie scripting unless they are interfacing
with something that has quirks.

so let's just KISS

humru othro a kohnu se