JOLIE and Plasma: status and discussion
Aaron J. Seigo
aseigo at kde.org
Sat Nov 22 02:49:57 CET 2008
something else i just remembered:
we're going to want to think about the full round trip "experience":
use case: widget wants to use a web service
* it says "give me this web service" -> that should be a one liner with no
jargon in it, just the URL of the service and return a Plasma::Service ready
use case: widget wants to publish it's own service onto the network
* it takes a Plasma::Service and, again with a one liner and no jargon it
pushes the service by a name passed in; this would get automatically set up
using SODEP to the local MetaService and the service's published name
namspaced using the ID of the applet.
use case: a widget wants to relocate devices
* it publishes a service
* another device subscribes to that service, asks for the widget to come over
* authentication of the request (perhaps user OK?) happens
* the service sends across a Plasma::Package and forwards the engines and
services the Widget currently holds
use case: widget wants to use a service exposed by another Plasma system
* it scans the network for an announcer service
* it selects a service from it
* this results in an auth request on the other Plasma system
* on approval, the service is set up on both sides
these are the things the API should make easy to do, imho.
ok, i have a massive headache atm and am going to lay down ... ugh.
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43
KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Software
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/attachments/20081121/8419e2d6/attachment.sig
More information about the Plasma-devel