Panel offenders

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Fri Nov 21 16:16:42 CET 2008

On Friday 21 November 2008 15:44:44 Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> i see that some applet still screw up when added in the panel, a thing i
> would like to have for 4.2 is a good behaviour of all the shipped as
> default ones,

A very sensible idea :)

> rssnow: also here just display a single news source, without titles or
> anything, to use less vertical space as possible, not sure if it's easily
> doable without a too big reorganication

For 4.3 I was actually planning on refactoring rssnow: make it a popupapplet
and wrap the scrollers in extenderitems (once grouping support in extenders is
done, that is). For now I will look into cutting back the amount of
information displayed when having too little space, and try to at least get
somewhat decent behavior in the panel, without too many changes to the code.

Another offender at the moment is internal:extender (the generic extender
applet part of libplasma, and used for containing detached extenderitems). I
think making that one a popupapplet too would make a lot of sense.