Favorites view in search mode

Jesse L. Zamora xtremek2008 at aim.com
Wed Nov 19 02:33:00 CET 2008

On Tuesday 18 November 2008 20:00:51 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 November 2008, Jesse L. Zamora wrote:
> > I've been looking for any bugs in Kickoff in order to fix them for KDE
> > 4.2. I found something which may be a bug. When it's in search mode, and
> > you add an item to the Favorites, the Favorites view appears with the new
> > item appended to it, but then, you have no way to return back to your
> > search. Do you all think that's a bug, or is that the way it's supposed
> > to act?
>
> a quick return to search would be nice, but it's more important to show
> success of the favourite being added; that could be accomplished by not
> switching to the favourites tab and instead having some sort of success
> status thing painted to the item (e.g. fade in, then back out?). the flip
> to favourites tab was done as a "beter than, and least work" approach.

If I implement this for Kickoff, will I be able to get it for KDE 4.2 or will
it have to wait for KDE 4.3? Your solution sounds great, and I like it!

I guess my question is if this would be a bugfix or would it be a new feature.
If it's a bugfix, and it can go for KDE 4.2, then I'm game!

Xtreme Kommander