Uninstalling applets from GUI

Thomas Georgiou tageorgiou at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:36:22 CET 2008

But how would that relate to distribution packages?  Plasmapkg seems
to be for those installed in one's home directory while the distro
packages are for those installed in system directories.  Maybe we
should look at how gem (ruby package manager) does it. It allows
things to be installed systemwide (as root) and per user.  Distros
also make packages for "gems," i.e. I can install ruby on rails with
the gentoo package, emerge rails (which installs the gem parts as
well), gem install rails (as root for systemwide), or gem install
rails (as user for just the user).

Thomas Georgiou