Desktop repaint problems

Guillaume Pothier gpothier at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:14:57 CET 2008

Hi, I'm observing an intermittent repaint problem on the desktop.
Sometimes when I move windows around the desktop shows either garbage,
or other parts of the desktop. At the beginning I was thinking it was
a driver or X problem as it started occurring at about the same time I
upgraded my Ubuntu from Hardy to Intrepid. But only the desktop has
this problem, I have never seen any corruption on windows, or on the
panel, so I thought it might actually be a problem with the desktop.
Does anybody experiences something similar? I'm using the open source
radeon driver on an R300 chip.