text alignment in horizonal iconwidget

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Nov 15 06:27:08 CET 2008

I'm using the IconWidget in the networkmanager plasmoid and in the battery
plasmoid. In both cases in horizontal layout, see the list of wlans, and the
sleep/hibernate/more buttons in the battery:
http://imagebin.ca/view/owpmlw3q.html

In the wlan list in the nm plasmoid, I would want the essids left aligned to
the wifi icon, the hit area stretches up to the meter on the right.

The text is centered on the buttons, making the buttons that don't have a
background by default look disconnected from the icons, and nice alignment in
cases like the list of wlans pretty much impossible. (Or?)

I've tried to make the text left aligned in the iconwidget, but didn't quite
succeed. The left nm popup in the screenshot is without attached patch, right
nm popup is with this patch. As you can see, if does have effect, but the text
looks still centered, and not left aligned.

I'm not completely grokking the layouting code in iconwidget.cpp, maybe
someone can have a look at it?

Thanks,
--
sebas