missing ungroup and other issues

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 13 13:52:53 CET 2008

Am 13.11.2008, 13:28 Uhr, schrieb Davide Bettio
<davide.bettio at kdemail.net>:

> Hi,
>
> Il Wednesday 12 November 2008 23:37:22 Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
>> On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Davide Bettio wrote:
>> > 3)  Is "Only when the taskbar is full" the default behaviour for KDE
>> 4.2?
>> > Should we have as default only 1 row?
>>
>> i think sensible defaults are:
>>
>> * 3 rows max
> IMHO it isn't clear how rows max works moreover if I want to see two
> rows I
> need a panel bigger than the one that I used when I had KDE 3.5.

The layout adds rows as long the maxRows aren´t exeeded and the the height
of the rows is still reasonable.
This means you cant have a 1cm high taskbar with 10 rows which is sensible
as i think.
You also can't have a taskmanager with 1 task and 3 rows since rows are
added on the fly.

> IMHO)it isn't also clear how works "force row settings", I think that we
> should use something like 2 radio buttons:
> (*) Auto rows number
> ( ) Use custom rows number:    [       3 Rows ]

If "force rows" is enabled the rows are added first(instead of columns),
so you can get the maximum width for your tasks.
I think this is fine so far, but maybe we need a more descriptive name...

>> * group when full
>> * group by program
>> * sort by program
>
> You mean alphabetically?

I guess so. Sorting by program is alpha sorting.

Regards,

Christian