plasma, panels, colours

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 23:40:09 CET 2008

Keep at it guys, you're doing great.

I have a small note regarding the readability of foreground text on the panel:

Since when should you ever WANT to set a custom text color, for
example?  Wouldn't it be better by default if KDE automatically
calculated the best (by contrast or by negative, possibly) usable
color based on the panel's background (or average background color)
itself?

It just never made sense that by default I'd want a color (white) that
might not work on all panels.  It would be brilliant if, by default,
KDE would automatically pick the best color for foreground text, and
if I ever wanted to specify one, I could choose one myself (a choice
between Automatic and Custom for example).  That's a huge problem with
GNOME's panel, for example:  changing the background of the panel is a
garbage-shot because the foreground elements and text might have
horrible contrast.

I know it's a little OT compared to the panel background talk, but
just wanted to toss it in.