plasma, panels, colours

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 23:01:47 CET 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> > >
> > > i'm not a fan of it either. nor is it really what i was hoping for. =/
> >
> > just to consider all available options, here is an attempt of using
> > different colors in different places for now based on formfactor (could
> > be also something else like a new enum)
>
> i think the best thing to do would be to add a
> Plasma::Applet::color(Plasma::Color), where Plasma::Color would be an enum.
>
> that way we can base it on anything we want: formfactor, whether or not
> they are using a standard background, etc..

hmm, but widgets couldn't access it
it would also have the problem that theme elements couldn't have solid colors
or could make the text disappear in the panel (for example black active task
or the button that also has a solid background)
more i think about it more i feel the pain.. :/

cheers,
Marco Martin