plasma, panels, colours

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 23:30:12 CET 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> FIVE PROPOSALS please have a look
> http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/test/

http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/test/image9718.png

	safe, simple, not depressing. but also perhaps a bit boring

http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/test/image7382.png

	9718 but with gloss? probably would get us "like vista!" coparisons, but also
nice

http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/test/image6011.png

	more daring use of colour, but looks nice; only concern of my would be how
readable text, e.g. on the digital clock, would be.. but using the same
shadow/halo'd text as on the taskbar or in folderview would solve that

http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/test/image5467.png

	goes nicely with the default paper, but perhaps tooo bright and saturated and
likely wouldn't look all to great with other papers?

http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/test/image8765.png

	dunno; low contrast, too many lines and bevels?

personally, i think 7382 might be the most realistic while nice looking of the
bunch, though either 6011 or 9718 could be contenders.

if we can get away with it, i think 6011 might be particularly nice. the dark
and "flat" foreground elements with the coloured and glossy background ..
rather nice.

humru othro a kohnu se