the final countdown

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 11 02:23:07 CET 2008

hi...

so we have just under one week left to get our features into svn. let's be
sure to make that deadline.

perhaps we should make a list of outstanding items in this thread. such a list
might start with:

* the keyboard status applet
* the quicklaunch applet
* publish/subscribe for services (getting nervous about that one, personally)
* kuiserver into system tray (getting there)
* finish cashew dragging
* kephal <--- this one is CRITICAL to getting rid of literally dozens of bug
reports

and once we are through this week, oh my do we have a challenge ahead of us:
just over 400 outstanding bug reports. between last night and today i closed
over 40 of them. some aren't even ours! apparently moving the bug reports to
another list was nice in that we weren't bugged by them here, but not so nice
in that we just ignore them now. ;)

seriously, the quality of our bug repo has *plummeted* in the last couple of
months. starting next week, we need to try to get that back under control.

i see no reason we couldn't set and reach 200 open bug reports (not counting
wishlist items, obviously) as a goal for 4.2.0

humru othro a kohnu se