Amarok 2 containment positioning problems

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Nov 10 10:59:29 CET 2008

2008/11/9 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Sunday 09 November 2008, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>> since bumping libplasma in Amarok recently we have been experiencing
>> problems with our containment layout. The problem becomes visible if
>> you zoom out of the containment: Instead of a grid of 2x2, Amarok now
>> shows all containments in one row, which hides some of the
>> containments due to lack of space.
[snip]
> in the meantime i'm fine with changing the default from 4 containments across
> to 2 containments across. i've even made that change in svn now. =)

Ok, big thanks for your efforts. In the end I had to go a slightly
different route though, since there is no way to get current libplasma
trunk building in KDE 4.1 apps without patching it.

So I took a slightly older libplasma (with the latest trunk some of
the Plasma::IconWidgets are missing in Amarok), patched that a bit,
and copied it directly into our source tree. That works for now.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer