plasma, panels, colours

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 12:37:46 CET 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> > it's still work in progress, the margins are slightly wrong, and will
> > make normal and iconified ones maybe a bit more different but i think
> > it's already a bit more happy :)
>
> yes, this is a nice step in the right direction imho. it really doesn't
> solve the issue of not being able to see the other task buttons, the system
> tray, the pager, etc.. so while this is an interesting improvement, it also
> doesn't deal with the base issue.
>
> namely that not having any distinction between the background and the
> foreground makes it all background.
i've updated
http://www.notmart.org/misc/tasks.png

other tasks button and the systemtray are ligher and have a stronger outline,
also the panel background is slightly lighter (i'm not sure about that)
the active task it's still very black, so it's very different from the other
ones and is distinguishable from the hover effect (same halo, lighter
background)
from that i would still change the taskitem code to make the halo paint
outside the task area like the pushbutton and maybe try to give a similar
effect to the pager

Cheers,
Marco Martin