dict plasma applet

Nick Shaforostoff shaforostoff at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 11:41:46 CET 2008

2008/11/8 Thomas Georgiou <tageorgiou at gmail.com>:
> Well, initially we used a qgraphicstextedit with html formatting to
> make it look nicer, but we could not have scrolling with that, so when
> 4.1 came along we switched to qwebview (to get scrolling support).
> Then we switched dictionaries to wordnet, and the parsing to html code
> has not been rewritten yet, which is why there is {syn: junk} there.
> If you can get scrolling and format it with something other than plain
> text (and we used to have links as well in 4.0), then go right ahead.
> I think you are too late for the feature freeze in 4.2 though, so you
> might want to make an svn branch.

ok, thanks.

i've done first steps in writing a dataengine for multitran-data
(multitran.sf.net, multitran.ru), and also plan to write
qstardict-based dataengine.

so i will adapt dictionary plasmoid to support several dataengines
(maybe even scan for "dict-*"), and change key-value interface:
-special key to detect whether a dataengine returned useful results
-special key to get display name for a dataengine
-come up with a way to select only some of dictionaries a dataengine
provides (so it doesn't loaded dictionaries that ain't used).