Next Tokamak

Alexis Ménard menard at kde.org
Thu Nov 6 17:24:02 CET 2008

2008/11/6 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>

> On Thursday 06 November 2008, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> > As most of you have probably noticed we (Qt Software) have released a new
> > Animation API and a new Kinetic project related to a declarative-ui and
> > some different GUI effects and new improvements.
>
> congrats on getting that out and with a git repo no less.
>
> there's a lot of work to be done here still, however, and it would be great
> look at it from the perspectives of both plasma and devices.
>
> > First, to have feedbacks from Plasma that will probably use heavily our
> > stuff. Have this meeting will be an opportunity to bring you lot of cool
> > features for next release of Qt.
> > Second, you (Plasma Team) will be able to discuss with us to build Plasma
> > on top of this project for KDE 4.3
> > Third. you will have plenty of Qt engineers for you for all aspects of Qt
> > (Svg, QGraphicsView, Layouts, Style...). You will have answers to improve
> > Plasma.
>
> would we actually have access to them? in past visits to Oslo this was
> always
> tricky (and i'd essentially just invited myself into the engineering area
> ;)

Everybody will be free to move and discuss with people in the office. 5th
floor, development area.

> > Four, link closer KDE and Qt Software.
>
> always good...
>
> > Abstract :
> >
> > When? 1 to 8 February 2009. Just after the release of 4.2.
>
> a week is pretty long; it's ok for me, but not sure about for others? on
> the
> one hand it's good timing because i'll be in europe at the end of january,
> on
> the other hand it's bad timing because i'll already be in europe at the end
> of
> january, which means a lot of time away from home =P

it was a window, we can have less days.

> > I remember that there is an another proposition for Tokamak. So people
> can
>
> portugal. so that Pinheiro can attend.
>
> > Hotel : We know a decent hotel near the Office, less than 10 min by bus.
> > person here will be in charge to check that and i will check too.
>
> pricing would be important.

I will find an hotel decent for the best price i can. Maria in the office
has a lot of hotels where we have good relations. Jesper say that if we are
not a lot then some trolls can offer decent rooms in their flats. Like me
for instance.

> > Food : Every lunch, people can eat in the canteen of the Qt Software for
> > free. For dinner we are in Oslo, everything is close there are plenty of
> > restaurants. For breakfast it will be included in the Hotel.
>
> the problem with dinner in Oslo is food selection is poor (esp for us poor
> vegetarians) and very expensive. as in "very".

Yes. But we save lunches (free) with vegetarians food if you compare to an
another places. Here in the office we can have breakfast too.

> and February in Oslo is like March here in Calgary. not exactly warm.

But we are inside isn't it ? :p LOL

> other than putting us up at the offices for the meeting, is Qt Software
> able to
> fund any other parts of the meeting (e.g. hotel)?

We will have the main conference room here in Oslo. Offices are just in case
for small meetings. I think finding a room somewhere will be exactly the
same.

> if not, i think it may make a lot more sense to focus on Portugal and get a
> decent meeting there. i'll ping pinheiro about this today...

ok