last call for alcohol .. er .. BIC API changes

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Mon Nov 3 21:00:35 CET 2008

Helloooo,

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> i'd like to move libplasma over to kdelibs on Nov 3rd. it'll be a fair amount
> of work, and i'll announce here when i've started so other people don't get
> caught with local changes to libplasma.
>
> so this is the "last call" for binary incompatible API changes ... time to
> speak up or forever hold your peace, where "forever" is defined as "until kde
> 5"

My only concern is that the script engine APIs seem to be missing a
number of methods which match the C++ API. For example, dataenginescript
doesn't have a counter part to "QStringList DataEngine::sources()" which
AFAIK makes it not possible to implement source listing functionality in
a scripted data engine.

(Sorry, I don't have time right now to give more detail. Should the
scripting APIs be part of the BC API? can that be delayed?)

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/