last call for alcohol .. er .. BIC API changes

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Mon Nov 3 16:53:44 CET 2008

On Monday 03 November 2008 07:20:53 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi =)
>
> i'd like to move libplasma over to kdelibs on Nov 3rd. it'll be a fair
> amount of work, and i'll announce here when i've started so other people
> don't get caught with local changes to libplasma.

neat :)

> so this is the "last call" for binary incompatible API changes ... time to
> speak up or forever hold your peace, where "forever" is defined as "until
> kde 5"

I've got some small changes in mind for the extender api:

* in class Extender rename setExtenderAppearance to setAppearance.

* in class ExtenderItem rename moveBackToSource to returnToSource.

* not BIC but related to extender so I just mention it here:
   some applets will want a remove extender item action on extenders. For
example notifications that don't provide actions. To make this easy I added a
setter/getter to ExtenderItem locally: setDestroyActionVisibility(bool
visible). Setting this to true shows a plasma close icon (the same X as applet
handles) in the drag handle (the same place as the return to source icon, the
pause, cancel actions in kuiserver applet etc). Only problem: I don't really
like this name. Any better suggestions?

I already have these changes locally, so if it's ok with the rest of you, I'd
like to commit before the movement to kdelibs.