last call for alcohol .. er .. BIC API changes

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Nov 3 09:05:37 CET 2008

Le Monday 03 November 2008, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> doesn't look like it would be hard to make it load the QGraphicsLayouts ...
> about 10 mins worth of work, actually. that class belongs in the scripting
> dir too, i think.

Sure, that was my first take as well. Now, if that was linked to the need of
the scripting API. AFAIK none of the scripting engine are using that, the one
which would have needed it would have been the qtscript one I think, but since
it's taking a new direction it seems, I'm not so sure anymore.

In any case, the 10 mins worth of work were done before I discussed with Rich.
I didn't commit because I'm now pondering which is better, removing them or
committing what I have now.

> > I remember you talking about Plasma::Service too, but I'm honestly unsure
>
> nothing that will require virtual methods i don't think. but as i've been
> pondering it i've realized that it needs similar support in DataEngine.
>
> "it" is "publish the service to the MetaService with a given name,
> subscribe to a service with a given address" ...
>
> "support in DataEngine" might take the form of a repeater Service that
> would sit between the real engine and a "subscriber" engine.

That indeed looks like a couple of non-virtual methods are required. Doesn't
sood too hard, at least on the API front, implementation might be another
story.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."