startupNotify have different behaviour

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 22:13:48 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 20:27:57 Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> Sometimes, when there is no "StartupNotify" on the .desktop,  startup
> notification is enabled and for some desktop files, it is not enabled.
> For ex on my system, /usr/share/applications/firefox3.desktop do not have
> StartupNotify and statup notifications is disabled, but on
> /usr/share/applications/gimp.desktop the startup notification is enabled
> even without StartupNotify
>
> Does someone know why the behaviour isn't the same for the 2 desktop files
> ?

Are you starting the applications in _exactly_ the same way?  eg: both from
KRunner by typing and clicking them, or both from Kickoff by searching and
then clicking (as opposed to one on the "favourites" tab and one on the
"applications" tag, for example).

And does the same behaviour happen no matter how they are started?

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org