Magik Packaging

Joe Burns josebur at siue.edu
Tue Jul 22 20:45:49 CEST 2008

2008/7/22 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> On Tuesday 22 July 2008, Joe Burns wrote:
> > As it is right now plasmagik requires a .packagestructure file (there is
> > one in the repo for testing purposes) as an argument. If none is provided
> > then the generator app is launched.
>
> Plasma::PackageStructure::load is what should really be used here. perhaps
> we
> should add absolute file path support to PackageStructure, because then it
> would Just Work(tm) with the assumptions in your application as well.

I can add that if you like. packageFormat would just be an absolute file
path, which shouldn't get any results from any of the other attempts to find
a structure. So then Plasma::PackageStructure::load would load the path and
register it in PackageStructurePrivate::structures. Would this be the Right
Way of doing it or did you have something else in mind?

> also note that QString::toStdString isn't guaranteed to be there; you
> should
> probably be using kDebug there if it's debug output, or toLocal8Bit if you
> really do need to use c++ iostreams.

This was left over from a failed attempt to get plasmagik to load the
PackageStructure generated using the Generator app automatically. Maybe the
Generator app should register the saved packagestructure in
PackageStructurePrivate::structures as well and then
Plasma::PackageStructure::load can be called.

> hopefully i'll have more time to look over your project in the next week or
> so
> =)

ok cool thanks =)

Joe Burns