Magik Packaging

Joe Burns josebur at siue.edu
Tue Jul 22 08:38:12 CEST 2008

This summer I've been working with ruphy (get well soon) on Plasmagik.
Plasmagik is basically going to be an application which will allow users to
easily package and/or upload content to GHNS.

For the first part of the summer I worked on a little app to make
PackageStructures. I hope it is pretty simple to use. Basically just add
Files/Directories and edit their paths, keys, mimetypes, if they are
required.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been working on getting the actual
Plasmagik application into shape. I've mainly been working on the UI for the
create package page.

The code is in /playground/base/plasmagik

As it is right now plasmagik requires a .packagestructure file (there is one
in the repo for testing purposes) as an argument. If none is provided then
the generator app is launched.

Also, right now it is only able to create packages, not upload them.
Uploading will come after this first round of review.

Also, there is some API code in there left over from when Plasmagik was
going to be a library. I need to go through and see what's no longer needed.

Any code, usability review and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe Burns