sorry... too hard

Loïc Marteau loic.marteau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 01:42:41 CET 2008

Why not make some virtual packages in some tiers repos for some distro
(suse, fedora, kubuntu etc), who depends on all the dev-libraries
packages a dev will eventually need to build all the kde trunk ?

With this virtual package could come some script than we can have on
techbase to automatically and easily build trunk module :
 - custom kdebashrc file to include in your bashrc with cmakekde
tools, svn co tools etc.

ex : sudo aptitude install kde-dev-environnment-full

However there is an issue with library that depends on qt.
To build kde it is recommended to use qt-copy that is shipped in svn
and not by your distro and its fine. But if you want to build some
stuff with pyqt (and build plasmoid with it) you have to install the
library by hand. Why not having a pyqt-copy and a pykde-copy to ? The
same for QEdge, google gadgets etc, and for each of this source an
easy script to install .

I think than we can perhaps easily reduce the barrier to introduce new
devs in kde with stuff like that, he will not have to track the cmake
output to know which library is missing, install tiers library that he
can use directly from the distro

Cheers

Lo