Are scripted DataEngines supposed to be installed through plasmapkg?

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Mon Dec 29 21:22:58 CET 2008

[Pasting into a new message while my subscription request is handled, sorry
for the trouble]

>> but if I do so, both with my embryonic project and the example
>> in SVN, I get errors (see the post I made on kde-bindings[1]).
> what is in ~/share/apps/plasma/dataengines/?

As a matter of fact, there is *no* dataengines directory. Just a plasmoids
directory (assuming you meant ~/$KDEHOME/share/apps/plasma).

lb at leon:~$ ls ~/.kde4/share/apps/plasma/
plasmoids

And the dataengine was installed under that path:

lb at leon:~$ ls ~/.kde4/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/
ggl_2  ggl_4  plasma-dataengine-pytime  plasma-pyclock  plasma-python-eutils-
dataengine

(python-eutils-etc. is my own test, which is for sure non functional, while
dataengine-pytime is the one I grabbed from SVN.)