General applet test-case: Color change

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 18:27:42 CET 2008

--- On Sun, 12/28/08, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 28 December 2008 17:59:08 Jamboarder wrote:
> >
> > Sorry I should have been more clear.
> >
> > The test-case were for color changes only, not just
> theme changes (which is
> > also a good test case).  The test case can only be
> performed with the Aya
> > theme at the moment since it is the only plasma them
> which reacts to color
> > changes from the System Setting Colors kcm.
> >
> > As a side note, I think plasma is arguable reacting
> about the same or
> > better to Colors kcm changes that other parts of KDE
> at the moment.
>
> Ah, that explains. Which signal do I need to react to? (I
> know, I'm lazy, but
> I figured you know it from the top of your head anyway ...
> :-)).

No worries. :-)
I think Plasma::Theme is supposed to emit themeChanged on a Colors kcm change for themes like Aya.  You could also react to KGlobalSettings::self(), SIGNAL(kdisplayPaletteChanged()) or, if the applet design allows, just assign the plasma theme color directly in the paint event.  There may be another way to handle it but can't think of it at the moment.

Hope this helps,
Andrew