General applet test-case: Color change

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 17:59:08 CET 2008

> From: Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org>
> On Sunday 28 December 2008 16:42:44 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 December 2008 21:03:27 Jamboarder
> wrote:
> > > Just thought I'd mention that I've been
> testing how applets response to
> > > color change to shake out any remaining bugs with
> color changes and most
> > > applets appear to working fine.  Generally all
> svgs are updating
> > > correctly and the majority of text/line colors
> appear to be working fine
> > > (unintended hardcoded colors are rare - yay).
>  The only remaining issues
> > > I could find is that for a small number of
> applets, text colors aren't
> > > updating till a plasma restart (or maybe an
> applet config update):
> >
> > Yay! Good initiative.
> >
> > > - Battery Monitor (including Power Management
> extender on desktop)
> >
> > I'll take care of this before 4.2.0 is tagged.
> (Maybe already tonight.)
>
> Hm, what problems did you encounter? I've checked with
> the Air theme (dark on
> light instead of light on dark to make it well-visible) and
> all colours seem
> to be updated correctly on the fly ...)
Sorry I should have been more clear.

The test-case were for color changes only, not just theme changes (which is also a good test case).  The test case can only be performed with the Aya theme at the moment since it is the only plasma them which reacts to color changes from the System Setting Colors kcm.

As a side note, I think plasma is arguable reacting about the same or better to Colors kcm changes that other parts of KDE at the moment.

Hope this is helpful,
Andrew