General applet test-case: Color change

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 21:03:27 CET 2008

Just thought I'd mention that I've been testing how applets response to color change to shake out any remaining bugs with color changes and most applets appear to working fine.  Generally all svgs are updating correctly and the majority of text/line colors appear to be working fine (unintended hardcoded colors are rare - yay).  The only remaining issues I could find is that for a small number of applets, text colors aren't updating till a plasma restart (or maybe an applet config update):

- Kickoff:  the "<username> on <hostname>" and "Search" text
- Folder View Applet: Title and icon text.  Also noticed that the dark-light shadow threshold is different for this applet than elsewhere in plasma (e.g. taskbar) - Wonton Soup = fuzzy white text.
- Battery Monitor (including Power Management extender on desktop)
- Device Notifier: On desktop, a background color gets painted that's not updated (text color updates fine and background is transparent in popup)
- Incoming Message
- News
- Now Playing
- Pastebin
- Paste: same as Device Notifier
- RSSNOW
- System Monitor: graphs, temperature label under analog meter, HW info content text, disk space partition label

I used the latest version of the Aya theme to test.

Hope this is helpful,
Andrew (Jamboarder) Lake

P.S. I'll mostly be working on the final artwork tidy ups for Aya till the artwork freeze, so less time for code fixes (hence this email).