sorry... too hard

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 17:04:58 CET 2008

Sanity finally set in.

I thought that it would take an hour or two to write a fairly trivial
plasmoid, just to get my feet wet.

After more than thirty hours of work, I realise that I'm not even remotely
close to having a system capable of building one. And I haven't even
written a line of code yet. So I'm just calling it quits.

Perhaps somewhere around KDE 4.4 or 4.5 it will be possible to simply sit
down and write one like it is in KDE3. But right now it's basically a
nightmare for an outsider trying to figure out what works, what doesn't,
how to make things that don't work work, what documentation is correct,
what isn't, where the documentation is, etc., etc., etc.

This is not meant as a criticism. I just wanted to let you know what
happened, rather than simply disappearing silently. I eagerly await
sufficient documentation and stability that I can try again without
suffering the feeling that I've landed on an alien planet.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR