System Monitor

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Tue Dec 23 12:54:32 CET 2008

On Wednesday 10 December 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 December 2008, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > So does it make sense to remove the data engines of [1] and [2] and try
> > to implement the applet by just using the above?
>
> i think so, yes.. the bonus there is that it will be as portable as
> ksysguard is.. =)

An initial version is committed now (r900601), so finally this hit SVN :)
It uses the systemmonitor data engine. I think there still needs quite some
work to be done. If you want to try it out, checkout
  trunk/playground/base/plasma
The code is in trunk/playground/base/plasma/applets/systemstatus.

Thanks goes especially to Matthew, as the code comes from him ;)

I'm still not sure about what's the best name for it :) Things that pop into
my mind are System Status, System Load Watcher, System Load Viewer,
TimeMon, System Essentials, System Usage, ...
So for now we simply stayed with "System Status", feedback is of course
welcome :)

Dominik