Moving plasma themes to kdeartworks

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Dec 22 12:32:22 CET 2008

2008/12/17 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>

> On Tuesday 16 December 2008, Sean wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 December 2008 9:57:05 pm Davide Bettio wrote:
> > > Hi,

> code,
> either.
> > >
> > > Yes, they are. If you think that they aren't you should ask to release
> > > team to rename kdeartwork.
> >
> > Yes I always did think kdeartwork was not right which people
> interpretation
> > as artwork. My interpretation is that it's not artwork, maybe the term "A
> > work of art" got thrown in and mixed together somewhere, I do artwork and
> > dont consider most of whats in kdeartwork, artwork.
>
> it's not visual art (graphics), but it is all art: sound (music is art,
> after
> all), screen savers (visuals), styles (also graphics), etc..
>
> i don't think it's a "is kdeartwork actually art" discussion at all, but
> where
> we want plasma's additional art options to appear

Hmm.... I support nuno here, I think we should something similar to what we
do with wallpapers and kdebase.
That is, ship (~)5 very good themes, with some rotation in the module
determined by new good themes being made, and then we put the ones that we
moved out of kdeplasma-addons, or the ones that didn't make it in the set of
the 5 best ones, in kdeartwork.

Or, hum... no, that might be even more complicated... what about really
doing something like the wallpapers, so kdebase/workspace/desktopthemes,
where we keep "the 5 good ones" that we ship with plasma, and then we keep
all the others in kdeartwork? just like wallies.

hmm... yes, this sounds like the most reasonable and sensible idea.

thoughts?

Bye,
-Riccardo
--