multi-screen fixathon

Hans Chen hanswchen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:14:15 CET 2008

You want to hear about another bug I found today?

*How to reproduce:
*

   1. Open a window (let's say Dolphin)
   2. Add a panel (gets added to the top) on left screen
   3. Now you can't drag the window's title bar to the top edge of the
   screen. That's pretty obvious: the panel is in the way.

The problem is, this applies to the other screen as well. It feels like an
invisible panel is stopping the mouse pointer (has the same height as the
panel created in step 2, even when I resize the "real" panel).

It doesn't matter if I first create a panel or open a window. New windows
are also affected by this.
If I forcibly move a window below the "invisible" panel and then drag the
title bar, the "invisible panel" disappears.

I don't know if this is a plasma bug or kwin bug, but it doesn't hurt to let
you now. Now I'm going to disappear for a while, so unfortunately I won't be
able to test patches etc.