Starting plasma from clean configuration - Issues

Hans Chen hanswchen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:50:33 CET 2008

Issue #1 (spinner): can still reproduce.

Issue #2 (panel): can still reproduce. Once it actually resized
correctly, but then the pager was borked (only showed one desktop).

> i bet if you remove one of them, they'll magically size properly.

Correct.

Issue #3 (popup on wrong screen) seems to be fixed. Now it doesn't
show the popup if I have inserted the device before plasma has
started. If I insert it afterwards or click on the widget, the
position of the popup is correct.

> does it happen on every click, or only the first show?

It happened on the first show. I can't test it anymore, but I think it
ended up in the right place if I clicked on the widget.

> does it appear in the "right" place on the right screen, as if the panel was
> on that screen?

No. It appeared more like a window (top right position on right screen).

> can you uncomment the two debug lines in Corona::popupPosition(const
> QGraphicsItem *item, const QSize &s) in kdelibs/plasma/corona.cpp and post the
> output?

Guess this isn't needed anymore since the issue is fixed. =)