Moving plasma themes to kdeartworks

Sean suseux at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:48:48 CET 2008

On Tuesday 16 December 2008 8:23:50 pm Davide Bettio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Il Tuesday 16 December 2008 20:34:27 Sean ha scritto:
> > 1.  Just because it's artwork dont mean they should go into kdeartwork
> > unless you have a big plan to move everything to it.
>
> everything = ?

Yes, all other artwork that could be classed as 'extra', BTW last time I
checked kdeartwork was 42mb, kdeplasma-addons was 3.9mb(4.1x).

> > 2. Stuff already in kdeartwork is not even classed as artwork(unless you
> > plan to move it elsewhere).
>
> uh? what?

Looked in kdeartwork?, it's got styles in there, no artwork it's code,
screensavers, not artwork, kwin styles which only one I can see actually has
"artwork" in. Sounds?, erm nope thats not artwork either. Colour schemes, no
not artwork.

Is that clear enough?

> > 4. What about people who dont want whats in there already?, crystal
> > icons, screensavers, ect.., they just want a few plasma themes not the
> > whole lot, yes any seasoned cmake dude can install what they want but
> > thats not the point.
> >
> > 5 Packagers, yes they do split them up already but this means even more
> > split up(we may well make even more work for them)  ,surely a factor to
> > consider.
>
> Packagers already split everything...

Yes some do, and yet another split up for package called 'plasma-themes' no
doubt.