Help figuring out theming problem

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 18:58:05 CET 2008

I've been working on updating Aya for the 4.2 release.  However, I've been running into a few problems
that I'm having trouble figuring out.  Below are some screenshot links
showing my problems (click on image to show full size).

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ayacorrectej4.png shows an example of the correctly rendered version of Aya (default color scheme) for 4.2 .  I can only get this though if the Plasma::Theme cache is disabled (cacheTheme = false) and after a re-login.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ayafromoxygenwu2.png shows what currently happens when I switch from Oxygen to Aya.  The borders are either missing or messy. A re-login doesn't fix it if the Plasma::Theme cache is enabled (as it is by default) since the cache persists across sessions.

For some reason this only occurs with some themes. For example Clean-Blend and Slim Glow seem to work fine, but Elegance and Heron shows the problem.  I've tried looking at the svgs for the themes that don't show the problem but I can't quite figure it out. Strangely, this updated version of Aya, as well as Elegance  and Heron, works fine in my Kubuntu KDE 4.1.3 session.

One additional pic: http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=afterayacorrectzr3.png show what happens after changing back to Oxygen from a correctly rendered Aya theme.

If there's something I'm doing wrong with the theme svgs for 4.2, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  The latest version of the theme is already checked in.

much respect and thanks for any help,
Andrew (Jamboarder) Lake

P.S. Let me know if you're unable to see the pics.